Standing by the phone
I am on call again so playing the waiting game. On specialty services, we are on call 4 days out of 7. 2 days for ICU duties, one day for ER and 2 days for specialty consultations. I know it doesn't add up but some ICU shifts are like 1am to 8am so it's not like a whole day. Some days, you are the third person on call for ICU or ER so you rarely get called in.
I am really enjoying my current ophthalmology rotation. I learn a lot everyday. We round in the morning on different eye topics, see patients and get to assist in surgeries on alternate days. We have had only one surgery though because one patient developed a superficial corneal ulcer and could not go for surgery.
I guess I really like this rotation for the ability to learn lots in a non-pressurizing environment (the clinician and residents on this rotation are super nice).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home