Saturday, May 30, 2009

What's happening?

Am in C Block now - Radiology. One week into the rotation and it's actually nothing different from school. We have rounds in the morning where we present our cases. I got my 2 cases almost right - yes! and then we have an exam next thursday which we have to study for.

In the afternoon, we learn how to do positioning for x-rays and ultrasound to ensure that the patient is really well-aligned. Then it's on to discussion about the cases for the day in the afternoon.

This rotation is under small animal medicine which means that we have to do ER and ICU shifts in small animal which is more intense as more pet owners like to bring in their animal after office hours. I get about 2 shifts of ER and another 2 shifts of ICU a week which means that I am on my toes 4 nights a week. I don't sleep really well when I am on call even if i don't get called so it sort of ruins the week for me.

Other than school, life has been nothing much unusual. I went camping over the Memorial Day weekend. We had a BBQ and then camped overnight. I have discovered that I really quite like camping. Sleeping in the great outdoors under a tent can be quite soothing.

1 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there - also camping Memorial weekend. Congrats on finding a new hobby you enjoy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home