New case
We had a new case in wildlife recently. It was a red tail hawk who came in drenched in vegetable oil as it went through a manufacturing plant while it was chasing birds ( I am definitely trying not to patronize that manufacturer for some time).
The prognosis was not very good for it as oil was everywhere on its body. We gave it baths every few days… it was my turn to give it a bath. In bathing it, I gave it a head shower.. the hawk choked and turned pale during the shower. My team leader was quick to take over the situation. However, the bird had to be euthanized after a few days due to pulmonary infection.
I never knew that we could not bathe the heads of birds.. Was I the person who hastened the death of this hawk?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home