Wednesday, September 13, 2006

First Month here

I thought that it would be apt for me to update now that I have been here for a month. For all of you who know me personally, you would know that I have got 2 blogs. One for school and one for my personal life.. my complaints (and I do have lots of them) and stuff. In case you are wondering, this blog is for my personal life..

Big ticket items I have bought:

1. A bike - I cycle to school everyday. It's a 15 minute cycle to school (10 minutes if its raining) or a 15 minute walk to school. Disclaimer: It's not that I cycle slowly, just that i cut across this enormous field and garden if i walk. But, I have got to get my feet wet. I like cycling now..feeling the cold breeze and just whizzing down the road coz there is a slight slope to school. I am still very much a coward at heart though and always stop when I hear the bus approaching.

2. A leather jacket with thinsulate.
It's not pretty but it has thinsulate in it. It's supposed to keep me warmer than those without thinsulate. I believe this. Now, it had better keep me warm coz i would not be buying any more winter wear till the winter sales are on.

I will post up pictures next time. I am in school now so I do not have my camera with me.

Clubs I have joined:

1. SSA (Singapore student Association)
It's great getting together with singaporeans in a foreign country. They are all very helpful and the good thing is that we usually have the same ideas and thinking. Went to chicago with them..More on the trip later!

2. Wildlife Clinic
We are grouped into teams and handle patients like the great horn owl, the squirrel, the pigeons... Currently, we have a bunny rabbit, pigeon and night hawk in our team and we do treatments on rotation. I have learnt quite a bit..writing SOAPs, giving medications and even feeding a bird.

Adjustments:

School is just so different over here. I have school for such long hours and I seem to be playing catching all the time..with my school work always piling up and me being miles behind. The lecturers here also like to give quizzes every week, exams every few weeks and with 6 subjects, I get exams almost once a week. I am very stressed all the time and sleep like 5 - 6 hours each day only. Tonight, is different though. With the conclusion of my renal exam today and no test and exams for the next 2 days, I am going to sleep in. = )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home