Sunday, February 18, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

It’s my first Chinese New Year away from home and of course I miss the nice food, the 2 days of holidays and the great festive atmosphere. The Singaporeans here do celebrate CNY though and replicated yu sheng, the festive new year songs and even had the commercials of dancing guys..

We had a snow blizzard recently though and we were given 2 snow days off. That makes up for the 2 missed days of Chinese new year holidays..hahaha! Currently, the snow is about 12 inches deep. When you walk in it, snow gets into your boots and form little icicles. It’s so cold but I am slowly mastering the technique of being warm. I have got all the equipment.

It’s been a very enriching time for me since I been to the US. I have learnt a lot and am still continually learning. I guess I do like studying here (even though I am super stressed when exams approach on a weekly basis) and am grateful for the opportunity to pursue what I like doing.

I wish all of you happiness and good fortune and hope all of you are doing well. Do update me on what’s going on over on your side of the world.

Best Wishes,
Christine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home