Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Just an update

I am feeling melancholic..Not too sure why..but just questioning why life is always a battle. Why must everything be an uphill battle?

- Feeling sad because my boss wants to cut my pay by almost 50% due to some administration issue.
- Feeling sad because I have started primary care.. And every time, my mentor asks me if I have done this or am good at this, the answer is always "ermm - no".

- Feeling sad because I am going to production medicine which has graveyard shifts and palpating cows is not my favorite activity..

- Feeling sad because I need to start cleaning up the house very very very clean for roommate that is coming back soon.

- Feeling sad that I only scored 40% on my trial board exams and I need 60% to pass. The amount of studying that I have to do is horrendous.

Too sad for nuts..

Onto the happier stuff, so that the evening will be better

- Feeling happy because I am learning a lot in primary care and it's good to see the tricks of private practice and the business saving aspects of practice. My mentor and her boss are great teachers.. and I just like practicing medicine that is scientific based with some evidence behind why we are doing certain things instead of the usual guesswork. It's also amazing that I am starting to remember what I have learned in school and usually i get the first differential correct. =)

- Feeling happy because I learned a ton in dermatology and I have decided that if I ever decide to specialize, I am going to do a derm specialty.

- Feeling happy because I am now cooking better and better and so feeding myself better and better. No more granola bars for some time.

- Feeling happy just because I need to..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home