Thursday, September 04, 2008

The equine world

Keeneland


One of the pastures of the equine hospital

Keeneland at 6am

I went to a seminar over the weekend to visit the equine world of Kentucky, Lexington. Kentucky is a place where they hold Rolex (a huge equine competing event) and also has a large horse park together with a large racing track and world famous equine hospitals. It was a very educational experience visiting hospitals so large and so pretty. I have never seen so beautiful veterinary hospitals before - it was quite mind boggling. And then there was also the USD 150 million dollar horse..yeah, that's not a typo. A USD 150 million dollar horse.

Of course, we were also treated to the whole spiel of the opportunities of the equine world with large charts and bar diagrams to show forecasted earnings in the future. However, being a successful equine racing track vet means that you would have to just work with horses and I am sure will miss working with all the small critters of the world. It was an interesting seminar overall though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home