A week of bliss
I am at the halfway mark.. done with 2 years of school and am halfway to being a vet. I am so glad that exams are over and done with and I have this week to rest and rest and rest. I made cookies, baked salmon and have embarked in cleaning and packing the house with great passion. Cleanliness is going really slowly though.
Second year has been academically more challenging. More subjects, more application and more "dead" things to look at. I think I believe in the theory of offsetting. I missed the next grade by a point for 2 subjects in the first semester (actually just by 0.2 points for one!) but I more than made up for it this semester as I made the next grade for 3 subjects just by a point for 3 subjects this semester. So, in summary, this semester has been quite an awesome semester for me just by squeaking by to the next grade.
In my second year, I have come to realize that I miss Singapore a lot more. I guess I have always been rather patriotic and used to living in the hot and humid city with high levels of safety.
I have also learnt quite a bit in my second year of living alone in the states. I can drive along the quiet streets of champaign urbana without getting hopelessly lost for 2 hours driving around in circles. I still don't like driving though and I know why..It all has to do with me being caught by the police for speeding. Although it's more than a year ago, I am still being traumatized. What I can say is that the police here are very efficient. They can stop you and summon backup (5 police cars) all in a matter of less than 5 minutes.
I am also quite adapted to my jobs in both the lab and the community. We are going to bring 120 residents to Chicago this week and it will be quite fun to see so many people off loaded in Chicago.
Ok.. back to cleaning and eating the cookies that I baked to keep my spirits up during all the cleaning. *They taste quite yummy too this time. =)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home