Done with one more rotation..
I am glad to be done with oncology. I went on this rotation with high expectations that I would have a good time. Unfortunate, I didn't have one. This rotation was well run but there was just too much politicking around. I felt that everyone had a very superficial front and just too much gossiping around and the expectations of students were just not clearly stated. That said, this is not the worst rotation that I have been on. I did learn a lot about cancer because I had many many cases (a lot more that some of my peers) just due to how things went and also my college is supposedly very famous in this department.
Also, i felt very guilty on this rotation because I am almost overdosed a dog. I wrote a script for an anesthetic drug and instead of writing mg - i wrote ml and because of this error, i almost killed the dog (actually 2 dogs because my friend copied my script without noticing the mistake). Fortunately, the clinician noticed the error. It just made me feel so horrid for the whole week.
I have been busy studying for boards too and this is one exam that is stressing me out. I feel that I know only a very very very small amount that I am going to be tested on. The thing is that when I am on rotations, I am so tired when I get home that I don't have the energy to study. And I usually need to study for the rotation on the next day too.. However, I am going to be off school for the next few rotations so no more night shifts for me, no more not sleeping well so things are looking up.
On a side note, I have just realized that this is the month for weddings and I have got 3 friends who are or got married this month! Congrats..and I am sorry that I missed your joyous days!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home