A sobering post
Today, I had a patient who came in with heart failure and pleural effusion build up so bad that he needed pleural fluid to be removed every week. In cases such as this, it always makes me quite upset that due to the owner's reluctance of euthanasia, the patient has to go through all this.
So, in this post, I just wanted to express my views:
1. I fully support euthanasia. If I was in a situation where something happened to me and I would not have a high quality of life after that, please please just let me go. No medications and no resuscitation please.
2. I believe in organ donation. If there is anything of value, just dig it out and let someone else use it (preferably a fellow Singaporean because I know how Singaporeans hate the idea of organ donation). I cannot bring myself to donate the use of my body for research though so just organ donation for now.
I know this post is quite morbid. However, I feel that we all need to let our loved ones know what we believe in and what we want done.

1 Comments:
Indeed I agree. I would much rather be dead than be a quadrapalegic, or stuck in coma forever. If I can't feed myself after a week, pull all the plugs.
I've signed my organ donor agreement on drivers license. Burn the rest that can't be useful.
Post a Comment
<< Home