Friday, January 29, 2010

Yet another job post

I know I know.. someone has already commented that job posts are boring but I guess I need to post each time I get an interview because writing about it lets me think about the job. So, this is a job with the largest corporation in the world - 750 veterinary hospitals and growing in the nation.

I think I did ok in the interview ..not great but not too bad. Anyway, I will know by Monday if I got the job.

Pros on working for this company:
1. It is in a warm, humid place - Texas
2. They do have quite a lot of fancy equipment
3. They have a 12 week mentorship program in place for new graduates
4. They have better benefits than most places in the US but not as great benefits as those back in Asia or Australia.

Cons on working for this company:
1. You have a lot of people watching over you. A lot of corporate stuff to think about - directors over you, office managers over you, veterinarians over you.
2. The cycle of service is strongly implemented. You are part of a cycle and you need to do your job as part of the cycle.
3. Production is very important, average patient charge is also very very important. Overall, the profitability of a practice is greatly emphasized.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home