Friday, March 06, 2009

The long hiatus

I know it's been some time since I last updated but school and computer woes have been keeping me busy for the past 2 months since I got back to the States. I have got the computer part fixed already...A new computer settled this issue. Now, for the school part - that's very much in progress.

I did my first spay this past week on a the sweetest golden retriever puppy. She was really nervous when she first came but after 2 days of hugs and kisses, she warmed up and came readily to the front of the cage to say hi. I am glad the spay went well but certain bits of it were certainly nerve wrecking. Well, I guess I will improve with experience. I am doing a shelter rotation where we will get to polish up our skills and I hope I will be adept in it after that.

I have also got my fourth year rotation schedule. I think it's a pretty nice schedule with hectic rotations and not so hectic rotations well spaced out. The only pet peeve I have is that I have equine medicine right in the middle of the busy season and so there will be lots of sleepless nights where I have to go back at 12am and 3am for treatments. Well, I guess I will learn a lot. Better to be on rotation where I get to learn a lot than have a slow rotation where I have to do a lot of brochure or client education flyer design.

I hope everyone has been doing well. Take care!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home