Decision time
It's time to make final decisions on what to do for fourth year.. I was actually very decided on which rotations I am going to do but now that I need to put it in a system..i am starting to have second thoughts.
These are the rotations that I am debating between: Oncology & Dentistry. Should I do oncology because cancer is so commonplace. Cancer drugs keep changing though and so what the drug protocol I learn might not be useful any longer, identifying the tumors would still be useful though.
Or should I do dentistry so that I will be able to make better the art of extractions. The horror story of the vet who pulled out a tooth and fractured the pet's jaw keeps coming to haunt me. However, dentistry is something that every vet does well in the end and I have already taken the dentistry elective.
And we have to also indicate if we are going to aim for a small animal internship. I don't think that I am going to do one . But, indicating that I am not going to do one limits my career choices. What happens if I really like doing all those cool surgeries and want to do an internship to learn more or I change my mind?
As of now, these are the rotations that I am definitely taking:
Optho (everyone says it is good), Derm (#1 issue of singaporean pets), Cardiology (Need to improve knowledge on it), Shelter Medicine (Improve on spay/neuter technique and Physical Exams), Neurology (Need to improve knowledge on it), Private Practice (For the working world)
Please note that these are not the only rotations i will be taking.. But, the ones that I can choose. We have a lot of rotations that are already fixed such as equine, large animal, anesthesia, emergency critical care and the works..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home