It's been cold
I guess it's been cold in many ways more than one. The weather is cold - that's for sure! It is below zero at all times last week, this week and next week. It snowed 4 to 7 inches yesterday and it was quite an experience driving. The car got stuck in the snow and I now know all about the reverse or the pour stuff in front of the tyre to gain traction technique. Fortunately, I have got a huge bag of dog food in my trunk which I am going to sacrifice if the need arises.
It's been a cold time for the job market too. I am going to graduate when the economy is still unstable. We have been warned repeatedly that we are the batch that is going to be affected and that it is going to be harder for us. I am not sure why but I always graduate when the market is bad. I guess that at least I have the know how of how to beg for a job. A lot of my neighbors (mostly graduate students) have been affected by the economy as a lot of them are graduating this year. So, it's a pretty sober time for everyone. Guess the bright spark is that most of my seniors have got multiple job offers and they are still able to pick and choose.
The last thing that is suffering from the cold syndrome is my laptop. It crashed on me and went blank a few days ago. Today, my back up hard disk drive went blank momentarily and it's been a difficult time. It didn't show much signs of distress so I haven't been backing up data and now that it is cold, I fully understand my reliance on technology.
And so here's is a cold picture to end this entry..

A picture taken during winter training with the rest of my teammates.

1 Comments:
well, no one else is commenting, so I will !
you are looking very lovely, brightest student, (brightest coat?), haha.
Anyway, looking good, best wishes.
Post a Comment
<< Home