Friday, August 18, 2006

It's hot..it's cold

The weather here is very sporadic.. it turns cold and hot all the time. Some nights you need a sweater..some nights, it's just too warm for one.

Tonight is one of the warm nights. I am sitting at home typing this with a fan on at full blast.

Today, I also met my big sib and she talked to me about school and brought me on a tour.

Shock No. 1 - I have got my first exam on Sept 1st. That's like 2 weeks away!!!! And, I have not even started school yet.

Shock No. 2 - There is no canteen in my faculty. I have to bring my own lunch to school everyday and heat it up in the microwave or make sandwiches.

Shock No. 3 - The dogs here are huge. I have been to the anatomy lab at the vet med building and it's like the cadavars (ok, not sure how to spell) are in large boxes. They weigh like 68-80 pounds. That's almost how much i weigh. The horses for large animal anatomy are hung in the refrigerators.. sort of like in the wet market when you go to the butchers. The smell is quite bad though and I felt a bit sick.

Ok, enough shockers. I am still looking forward to school. Quite excited actually as there seems to be plenty of opportunites to learn and practise, I am supposed to be able to understand all about spays and neuters after my first year. Ain't that cool?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home